We are told over and over again by all the top internet marketers that the money is in the list. In other words you need to build a list of people who are willing to buy goods or services that you recommend to them and the bigger your list the more likely you are to make sales.
There are many businesses on the internet that do not rely on their websites to make money, but do it by building huge opt-in lists of quality prospects. In fact a lot of online businesses use their websites merely as a means to get visitors to give their names and e-mail address in exchange for something of value to them. This could be either a newsletter or a free gift such as an e-book.
By giving you their name and e-mail address, visitors are basically giving you permission to send them information on a regular basis and this is known as a permission-based marketing strategy.
By opting in they are telling you that they would like to hear from you and so long as you continue to give them relevant well written information which is of some benefit to them, they will be more open to your sales pitch.
Below are some suggestions for the best ways to market your product in order to build that list.
1. Advertise your giveaway product or newsletter in other peoples’ newsletters or e-zines. This type of advertising is not free but it will give you the opportunity to reach thousands of possible prospects.
2. Publish articles on article directories. This is an excellent way to generate targeted traffic to your website or opt-in link via the resource box at the foot of the article, where you can also add information about yourself and your online business.
These articles are often picked up by other internet marketers who visit these directories in search of fresh content for their own websites or blogs.
3. Offer to be a guest blogger on other peoples’ blogs if their niche market is the same as yours. Each time you post an article on their blog (only with their permission) you can include a blurb about yourself and a link back to your website or opt-in page.
4. If you haven’t written your own e-book there are many PLR e-books available to buy with resale or giveaway rights. Write a review on the book and post it on your blog, with a link back to your opt-in page. Advertise it on your opt-in page where the visitor will have to give their name and e-mail address in order to receive the book.
5. Join some traffic exchanges and make an eye catching squeeze page to use in order to promote your online income marketing business. This will have an opt-in link as well.
6. Add a free sample of your newsletter to your website. By doing this you are showing people that you have confidence in your product and it is an excellent way of encouraging them to sign up.
There are many other ways that you can promote your online opportunities and build a large permission based list of prospects, but one important point to remember is that the newsletter itself must be well written and packed with useful information if you want these prospects to believe in you and trust your judgment when you recommend products or goods that you want them to buy.