Creative Ideas to Drive More Targeted Traffic to Your Website
Traffic is the lifeblood of any online business, but getting targeted web traffic is not always that easy. There are a number of methods that can be used to increase web traffic but you need to be creative when looking for ways to get the best results for your efforts.
1. Join a social bookmarking site and share your favorite articles or useful bits of information with people who have the same interests as you do and include your website. Social sites are similar to a particular search engine for a lot of people, so by adding the bookmarks to your blog you will find that you begin to generate more targeted traffic, and you can take advantage of this by adding interesting links to relevant products, the kind that many of these visitors are searching for. The more interesting the links you add the bigger your following will become.
2. Join a social photo sharing site such as Flickr. This is another way to increase the number of visitors to your website, write a post and add the link to the Flickr site.
3. Start blogging regularly and join a few blog networks where you can comment on blog posts, and remember to add your URL when posting comments. Make sure that your comments are relevant to the article that you are commenting on and do not spam whatever you do, you must appear knowledgeable and trustworthy as this will build a good reputation and brand you as a person who is worth listening to.
4. Becoming a member of several forums and contributing in a meaningful way will build your reputation and most forums will allow a link back to your website in your signature. By providing good information and being helpful to others in the forum, people will want to learn more about you and will click on your link which again means more traffic back to your website. The more information you provide the more likely they are to make repeated visits to your site to read what you are posting there.
5. Add an opt-in box to your website where visitors who want to know whenever you make a new post can give you their name and email address and they can be notified whenever there is anything added to your site. For this you will need a good auto-responder service. This is essential when building a list and something that is well worth investing in. let’s face it, you don’t want to just keep sending new traffic to your website you want to keep those people who are interested around for a long time.
6. Submit your website to directories, this will build more backlinks for you and will increase web traffic to your site.
7. Article marketing is still one of the best methods of traffic generation and the great thing with this is that it is free to do. All it takes is time, but the effort is certainly worth the rewards. Another good thing with this form of advertising is that it will continue to work for you for a long time even when you have forgotten about it. If you find that submitting articles to the various directories is too time consuming there is always the option of an article submitting service which will save you time and will probably do the job more efficiently than you can possibly do it yourself.
Traffic generation to your online business website is really about offering your visitors what they want; it is not really about the traffic at all. When you reach out to people and give them valuable service and useful information they will keep coming back for more.
Filed under: Generate Targeted Traffic
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!