Promote Your Legitimate Online Businesses 5 Ways with Facebook
The most popular social site on the internet today is Facebook. With literally millions of user world wide it is essential for anyone with legitimate online businesses to understand how this phenomenon can be used to promote their online businesses.
There are many home based online business owners who avoid Facebook for some reason, but if you are an online business owner then you should be on Facebook. It does not mean that you need to spend every minute of every day there in order to benefit from it, but by spending an hour or two a week there you can promote your business for better success.
Here are 5 ideas that you can use to promote your legitimate online businesses on Facebook.
1. To begin with you can use Facebook as a way to become known, to highlight yourself as a real person and get your business in front of more people. The thing to remember though is that Facebook is first and foremost a social site, so by just telling people to buy something it is not going to work very well.
This is your opportunity to engage with prospective customers and begin building a relationship with them. A good way to do this is by setting up a fan page for your online business. This will give people an idea of the type of product or service you are offering and how they can benefit from it.
2. As another alternative you could add Facebook to your blog so that people who read it who are not yet customers of yours can still share your posts with their Facebook friends. There are numerous plugins that you can use to perform this task and not only will you get backlinks, but you will also have the advantage of being able to leverage Facebook users to increase your online exposure.
3. Why not run an online contest? Social sites are all about interacting, and Facebook is no exception. Just be sure to read the Facebook guidelines before you break any rules and get banned, as this will not help anyone. If you are short on ideas, then try something simple such as getting people to share which of your products they favor the most.
Not only is this an excellent way to get people involved, but it will also give you more reviews, and as a reward you could give away a free gift voucher or a discount on their next purchase.
4. Create a social circle of people who are involved in the same industry as you are and maybe try to have one online business in each city in your state. You can all connect that way and have a network to build partnerships with businesses that compliment yours within your own community.
5. Finally you can advertise your online business with Facebook ads. These ads are relatively cheap when compared to other PPC advertising offers, and well targeted ads based on interests can increase your profit, even if they are not the main part of your advertising campaign. Spending a few dollars to test this type of advertising out may just help you to find a breakthrough, and you won’t know unless you give it a try.
These are just 5 ideas on ways to promote your legitimate online business using Facebook. There are many more ideas that can be used, but keep in mind that no matter what tactics you decide to use, Facebook is a social network and people go there to connect with others and enjoy themselves, so it is essential that you concentrate on creating an inviting and friendly experience and worry about the sales later on.
Tagged with: promote your online business with Facebook
Filed under: Home Business
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!