As an Internet Based Business Owner it is not Enough to be Better You Need to be Remarkable
The world we live in today is filled with an abundance of everything. In fact there is just so much, especially when it comes to information on the internet, that the majority of internet based business owners tend to suffer from information overload.
As an online entrepreneur it is essential that you get maximum exposure for your business if you are to have any chance at all of succeeding. You need to be able to present yourself and your products to the general public and each day it becomes more and more difficult to do so. It is very easy to not be noticed amongst the huge variety of new trends, ideas and products that come out on almost a daily basis.
It was not so many years ago that it was enough to be just a little bit better than everybody else to become popular. It was easier to create an image of your product being top quality and you could get to the top, but it is not so easy to do anymore. You can no longer just be better.
If you are determined to succeed, you will need to not only be different but you will also need to be outstanding and able to offer top quality products and services.
There is a book that was written by Seth Godin called the “Purple Cow” and it is a book that is well worth reading if you want to learn how to stand out from the crowd.
Here are a few things that Seth has to say about becoming remarkable:
1. Commit yourself each day to being better than you were the day before. “Much better every day”.
2. Average is for losers. You need to be remarkable to your target audience.
3. Be extreme. Shock others in some way to attract their attention and keep it.
4. The remarkability is on the edges – best, biggest, smallest, fastest. Get to the edge.
5. Be exciting don’t be boring.
6. Never be scared of being remarkable.
7. Change yourself, improve and grow constantly and do not allow others to move your cheese!
So whatever you do try to be different, think outside the box and make sure that you and your products or services stand out from the crowd in order to be noticed. By following this advice you will soon see your internet business grow in leaps and bounds.
Filed under: Internet Marketing
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!