Things You Need to Check When Choosing a Web Hosting Company for Your Internet Based Business
Choosing the cheapest web hosting company for your internet based business is not always the best decision to make. The most important part of deciding which company to use depends more on the features and service that is offered if your main aim is to run a successful online business.
Today I would like to discuss the main features that you will next to check on before making your final decision.
1. Set up fees. A good web hosting company will generally waive the set up fees and with good reason. It is a straightforward process to get a website account set up.
2. You need to have your website running 24/7 every single week. No web hosting company can actually guarantee this one hundred percent but ninety-nine percent is acceptable.
3. How good is the company’s customer support? If something goes wrong or you have a query you want to know that the reply to your email or phone call will be handled relatively quickly. Look for a company that has 24 hour tech support.
4. Another point to consider is the amount of storage space available. Most internet based businesses are able to operate successfully on 500 to 1000 megabytes of space and it is better to rather have too much than not enough but you also don’t want to pay for more space than you would ever be able to use.
5. For web hosting purposes you also need to think about the amount of bandwidth you will need to have. The amount of data that is downloaded from your website by your visitors over the period of a month will be determined by the amount of bandwidth you have. In other words, if you have 25GB of bandwidth for your hosting account, that is all the data your visitors will be able to transfer to their browsers.
Allow yourself a generous amount of bandwidth, particularly if you want to upload large files to your site.
6. Check that the website hosting company provides anonymous FTP support via a dedicated server for uploading content to your site.
7. You may want to set up extra email accounts in the future, so pop e-mail is an important feature to look out for allow for at least 10 extra accounts.
8. Website stats. When running an internet based business it is imperative to be able to check your stats in order to know whether you are building your business or not. This is a necessary feature from any web hosting company.
Last but not least when searching for the best web hosting company for your internet business is to do your due diligence. Check on Google to see if there is any negative feedback. Although not every complaint is valid, a company that consistently gets bad feedback is obviously one to avoid.
These features listed here should give you some idea of what to look for in a web hosting company. Now you will be able to make a more informed decision about what you need to find the company best suited to your business and your budget.
Filed under: Internet Marketing
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!