How to Convert Your Visitors to Customers for Your Online Business
One of the major challenges facing online income business owners is converting visitors into customers or subscribers once they reach their websites. This is always as challenge and in this article we will discuss some basic promotional strategies to help improve your website conversions.
Everyone knows how important it is to build a relationship with your prospective customers or subscribers. I am sure that you will have heard it said time and again that people will buy from someone they feel that they know and can trust.
So the first thing you need to do to sell anything on the internet is to establish your credentials as an expert in your field. If you are serious about earning an income online you will need to do more than just placing affiliate links on your website. You need to create a sense of trust and some buzz around whatever product or service you are marketing.
Here are five things that you should have on your website if you want anyone to think that you are worth listening to:
1. Firstly you need to let everyone know who you are. Your website is not a wall to hide behind, so you must have your name and a photograph of yourself, preferably on the front page of your site. Put it near the top of the site where it can be easily seen by your visitors and smile so that people get the feeling that they are welcome and you are happy to see them there.
2. Unique informative content is all important. By offering unique and helpful content that is related to the niche market you are targeting people will feel that you are an expert and they will return to your website regularly. This is part of building a relationship.
3. Add some audio content if you can. You could add an introduction to your site and what it is all about.
4. Use videos to promote your products. Video is a powerful tool and is a big help in converting visitors into customers. Videos are not difficult to upload today so if you are serious about your internet based business then learn how to do it.
5. Sell your backend products on your thank you page. When someone has just bought something from you, they may still be in a buying mood so offer them a nice bonus if they upgrade whatever it is that they may have bought.
Don’t just offer the bonus as an afterthought; make sure that they understand the value of what you are giving them.
Give customers a simple choice of “basic” or “gold”. By doing this you are getting away from the “buy” or “don’t buy” frame of mind. Do not offer too many choices as this will confuse them and they will finish up by leaving your website without having made a purchase.
Hopefully these five ideas will help you in converting your visitors to customers, who will want to continue buying products from your online based business for many years to come.
Filed under: make money online
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!