These Tips can Help You Gain an Extra Couple of Hours Daily for Your Online Home Based Business
It is possible to teach yourself to become more productive everyday and do all the important tasks that you have set for yourself. You can train yourself to do this and the initial effort it takes is well worth the results you will achieve with less stress on you and those around you.
1. What are your biggest time wasters?
Start off by tracking the things that you waste time doing. You will need to begin by keeping a record of each task that you do in a day and how long each one takes you.
Once you have done this for a week, sit down quietly and analyze where most of your time is being spent each day. By doing this you will be able to see exactly how you utilize your time and where you are wasting precious hours that could be used more productively and efficiently.
2. Look for the activities that will generate the kind of results that you wish to achieve. Most of us spend too much time on unproductive tasks that we may enjoy doing but are not going to get us the kind of results we desire.
By making a conscious effort to focus on the activities that will get your online home based business the results you want, your ‘to do’ list will be smaller and you will find more time in your life.
3. Set daily targets for yourself. Work out what is most important to you and what it is that you need to do to achieve that. Prioritize the tasks necessary to achieve this in order of importance and set time-frames around completing each task required, beginning with the most important one.
4. Create an action plan for getting everything done. By writing it all down and working out a daily plan you will reduce the overwhelming stress that is caused by just making a list of tasks.
Now you can work to a system and know approximately how long each activity should take you to complete.
5. Before you begin working your plan, get yourself organized. By getting yourself organized in the beginning you will save yourself hours of wasted time spent looking for things that you need. Automate as much as you can and set yourself reminders to help you to keep focused on what you need to do.
6. Set boundaries so that you are not constantly interrupted. Let others people know that at certain times you will be doing necessary work and do not want to be disturbed. Get people into the habit of making appointments at times that will be more convenient for you. If you respect your time others will learn to respect it as well.
7. Don’t procrastinate. We generally tend to procrastinate if we are not sure of what we need to do or if the task at hand seems overwhelming. If a task appears enormous to you, break it down into baby steps. That way you will be less likely to procrastinate and will find it much easier to cope.
8. Outsource. There are probably tasks that are necessary to reach your ultimate goal, but you don’t enjoy doing them or are not really skilled in doing that particular thing. Sometimes it is better to outsource that task and rather focus on things that you are good at and will ultimately get you to your goal.
Follow these tips, stay focused on the task at hand and concentrate on each task with all your attention. Don’t try to multitask. When you multitask and jump from one activity to another, the invariable result is that in the end nothing gets achieved.
Filed under: Motivation and Time Management
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!