5 Important Points to Consider when Building a Search Engine Friendly Website
However big or small your internet marketing business may be, you will need to build a search engine friendly website. This is not necessarily difficult to do and today we are going to take a look at five different ways the experts make their websites search engine friendly.
Always keep in mind when learning and understanding this process, the phrase “search engine optimization”. This is what you will be doing when building a website that is search engine friendly. You will need to concentrate on various points when doing this such as the design and layout of your site as well as the keyword phrases that you have chosen with which to target your site.
Below are five tips that will help you to make it a win-win situation for both you and the search engines.
1. An important point is the length of time that you register your domain name for. Domain names that are registered for two years or longer are more popular with the search engines.
The reason is that it shows you have confidence in your business and will make it friendlier when it comes to being ranked by the search engines.
2. At the moment there is a lot of emphasis being placed on niche marketing and this is important to consider when building your website. Even though you are targeting search engines for traffic, you need to remember that your real audience is the visitors that will visit your site on a daily basis.
3. When designing your website you need to consider your target market and keep it in mind. You may have a general theme that your site is going to follow, but you want to develop some consistency from one page to the next.
4. When choosing your keyword phrases it is important to relate the theme of your chosen phrases to your website. This will help to make your website friendlier to the search engines, which in turn will improve your page rank for those words.
You will also need to keep in mind what your visitors are searching for. To this end it is important to build a longer keyword list and one that you can expand on as you develop your site and add more pages to it.
Concentrate on details on your website such as background color, font style and size and try to keep this uniform throughout your website. When a person leaves one of your web pages to go to another, they need to feel that they are still on the same website.
5. Build a website that is unique in content. Search engines love unique content and will hold you in higher esteem than if it is filled with private label content that is already on someone else’s site.
This also affords you the opportunity of having input into the content that you install on your site with things such as affiliate programs, banners and PPC text links which you will want to use to monetize your website.
So with these five tips you can build a search engine friendly website the way the experts do and it will start paying off very quickly.
Filed under: Search Engine Optimization
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!